Ms. Mehwish Raza
- Deep Learning,
- Embedded Computing
- Approximate Computing
- Computer Vision
- Point of Care devices
- Intelligent Traffic Management Systems
Nov 2021 -to date Ph.D. in progress (Computer Systems Engineering) with specialization in “Approximate Computing in embedded machine learning”
NED University of Engineering & Technology, Karachi, Pakistan.
Jun 2013 – Dec 2015 M.Engg (Computer Systems Engineering), NED University of Engineering & Technology, Karachi, Pakistan.
Jan 2009 – Jan 2012 B.E (Computer Systems Engineering), NED University of Engineering & Technology, Karachi, Pakistan.
RESEARCH AND PUBLICATIONS
- Pursuing PhD.in the area of “Approximate Computing in embedded machine learning”.
- Worked on research project “Effectiveness of Mobile Applications in Promoting Medication Adherence” as part of MEngg. Dissertation, under the supervision of Dr.Shehzad Hasan and in collaboration with AKUH.
- Syeda Hafsa Ahmed, Mehwish Raza, Shajeha, Inshal, Majida Kazmi and Saad A. Qazi “Faster RCNN Based Vehicle Detection and Counting Framework for Undisciplined Traffic Conditions” IEEE Honet 2021.
- Research Paper on "Outlier Detection Techniques in WSNs , A Survey " presented in conference proceedings of " Dependable Embedded & Wireless Sensor Networks " and accepted for publication in Bahria University Journal of Information & Communication Technologies
Aug 2014 -to date Lecturer at NED University of Engineering & Technology, Karachi, Pakistan
- Computer Communication Network (Theory/Practical)
- Digital Logic Design (Theory/Practical)
- Data Structure & Algorithms (Theory/Practical)
- Computer Organization and Design (Theory/Practical)
- Fundamentals of Computer Engineering (Theory/Practical)
- Database Management Systems (Practicals)
- Computer Engineering Workshop (Practical)
- Distributed Computing Systems (Practicals)
- Introduction to Computing (Theory/Practical)
- Microprocessors Based System Designs (Practical)
- Serve as departmental focal person for Community Service course.
- Serve as Backlog course coordinator.
- Serve as class advisor.
- Serve as Faculty in-charge for the departmental event CACHE 2015.
- Serve as Workbook Coordinator from 2014-2017.
- Serve as a member of Reception and Organization team on departmental Open day.
- Serve as a member of committee for MEngg CIS entry test.
- Preparation of Practical Lab Manuals.
- Serve as member of assessment committee of department FYP Poster Exhibition.
- Serve as General Arrangements Team member on department Open day.
- Factotum (Regular and Backlog Examinations, NED University of Engineering &Technology)
- Invigilator (M.E, B.E Examination and Admission Entry Test, NED University of Engineering and Technology)
TRAININGS AND WORKSHOP ATTENDED
- Attended 3 days Training Program on “MATLAB Tool”, organized by Quality Enhancement Cell at Computer Lab, Engr. Abul Kalam Library, and NEDUET.
- Attended 3 days Training Program on “Effective Teaching Practices”, organized by Quality Enhancement Cell at CIS Lecture Hall, NED UET.
- Attended 3 days Training Program on “Web Technologies for Academic Professionals”, organized by Quality Enhancement Cell in Computer Lab, Electrical Engineering Department, NED UET
- Attended technical training on “Online Evaluation and Assessment of Students”. December 2020 organized by NED University.
- Attended technical training on “Management of Online Classes (Operation+Security)” October 2020 organized by NED University.
- Attended technical training on “How to Effectively Plan and Conduct Online Classes”. September 2020 organized by NED University
- Attended workshop on “Network & Security – Current Trends” by Mr. Muhammad Fahad Khan on 25th July 2016 in CIS Lecture Hall arranged by CIS Dept. NED.
- Attended session on “Comprehensive Zakat Calculation using Excel” by Dr. Farooq Hasan on 18th May 2016 in Civil A/V Conferencing Hall arranged by Centre of Professional Excellence (CoPE), NED.
- Attended training on “Duties and Responsibilities of invigilators and examiner” on October 2015 at CCEE NED Academy’s Lecture Hall.
- Attended “1st Pak-German Workshop on Smart Irrigation (SIR 2016)” on 12th May 2016 in Civil A/V Conferencing Hall. It was conducted with the collaboration between KFRL, Dept. of Computer & Information Systems Engineering and German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence (DFKI).