Dr. Muhammad Ali Ismail
Selected Funded Research Projects
- NCGSA-HEC “Detection of Sunspot using Advanced Machine learning Algorithms” ; PKR 17.0M; 2022 [On-Going]
- ICRG-HEC-UK “Deforestation in Pakistan: Combating through Wireless Sensor Networks (DePWiSeN)” ; PKR 50M; 2021 [On-Going]
- RSP-SHEC “Collection & Analysis of Malnutrition facts in Tharparkar using ML” ; PKR 4.0 M 2021 [On-Going]
- PI of “Exascale Open Lab” won as a part of national center of “Data Analytics and Cloud Computing” ; PKR 95 M 2018 [On-Going]
- TDF – HEC “Adoption of Scientific Software (Fluent, Cadence And Matlab) As Cloud Services” ; PKR 7.8 M 2018
- Member of committee won Huawei Academy @ NEDUET; 4.0M PKR; 2017
US PATENT : M. A. Ismail, S. H. Mirza, and T. Altaf, “Binary tree based multilevel cache system for multi-core processors,” US 8,694,730 B2, 08-Apr-2014
Selected Journal Publicatons
- MA. Ismail, M. Waqas, A. Ali, MM. Muzzamil, U. Abid, T. Zia; Enhanced index for water body delineation and area calculation using Google Earth Engine: a case study of the Manchar Lake. Journal of Water and Climate Change 1 February 2022; 13 (2): 557–573. doi: https://doi.org/10.2166/wcc.2021.282
- Qasim, S.Z., Ismail, M.A. FMPSO: fuzzy-dominance based many-objective particle swarm optimization. Evol. Intel. (2022). https://doi.org/10.1007/s12065-022-00761-8
- Ahmed A, Noman SM, Baig MAU, Ismail, MA, et al. Estimating Passenger Car Equivalent Factors for Heterogeneous Traffic Using Occupancy-Density Linear Regression Model. Transportation Research Record. March 2022. doi:10.1177/03611981221083289
- Ahmed, H, Ismail, MA. Toward a novel engine for compiler optimization space exploration of big data workloads. Softw Pract Exper. 2022; 52( 5): 1262– 1293. doi:10.1002/spe.3065
- Qasim, S.Z., Ismail, M.A. DOCEA/D: Dual-Operator-based Constrained many-objective Evolutionary Algorithm based on Decomposition. Cluster Comput (2022). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10586-022-03647-7
- S. Z. Qasim and M. A. Ismail, “MOSA/D: Multi-operator evolutionary many-objective algorithm with self-adaptation of parameters based on decomposition,” Evolutionary Intelligence, pp. 1–23, 2022.
- F. S. Muhammad Ali Ismail Maria Waqas, “N-Body Simulation Inspired by Metaheuristics Optimization,” Computer Systems Science and Engineering, vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 1143–1155, 2022, doi: 10.32604/csse.2022.021604
- K. Batool, M. F. Ahmed, and M. A. Ismail, “A Hybrid Model of Machine Learning Model and Econometrics’ Model to Predict Volatility of KSE-100 Index,” Reviews of Management Sciences, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 225–239, Jun. 2022, doi: 10.53909/rms.04.01.0125.
- M. F. Hyder and M. A. Ismail, “Toward Domain Name System privacy enhancement using intent-based Moving Target Defense framework over software defined networks,” Transactions on Emerging Telecommunications Technologies, vol. 32, no. 10, p. e4318, 2021.
- M. F. Hyder and M. A. Ismail, “Securing Control and Data Planes From Reconnaissance Attacks Using Distributed Shadow Controllers, Reactive and Proactive Approaches,” IEEE Access, vol. 9, pp. 21881–21894, 2021.
- H. Ahmed and M. A. Ismail, “Toward a novel engine for compiler optimization space exploration of big data workloads,” Software: Practice and Experience, 2021.
- H. Ahmed and M. A. Ismail, “A Structured Approach towards Big Data Identification,” IEEE Transactions on Big Data, 2021.
- M. A. Ismail, M. Waqas,A. Ali, M. M. Muzzamil, U. Abid, T. Zia; Enhanced index for water body delineation and area calculation using Google Earth Engine: a case study of the Manchar Lake; Journal of Water and Climate Change ; https://doi.org/10.2166/wcc.2021.282 ; 2021
- H. Ahmed, M. A. Ismail; REDUCER: Elimination of Repetitive Codes for Accelerated Iterative Compilation; Computing and Informatics, 543–574, 3:40; 2021
- H Ahmed, MA Ismail; Towards a Novel Framework for Automatic Big Data Detection; IEEE Access 8, 186304-186322; 2020
- SZ Qasim, MA Ismail; RODE: Ranking-Dominance-Based Algorithm for Many-Objective Optimization with Opposition-Based Differential Evolution; Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering, 1-18; 2020
- MF Hyder, MA Ismail; INMTD: Intent-based Moving Target Defense Framework using Software Defined Networks; Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research 10 (1), 5142-5147 - 2020
- M. Latif and M. A. Ismail, “Towards Multi-objective Optimization of Automatic Design Space Exploration for Computer Architecture through Hyper-heuristic,” Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 4292–4297, Jun. 2019.
- S. Jafri and M. A. Ismail, "Design and Implementation of an FPGA Based System on Chip (SoC) For Embedded Control Application" International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security, vol.19 No.6, pp. 1-6, 2019
- A,Sohail, M. A. Ismail, M. Wajahat, "Optimizing Big Data Processing using Software Defined Networking." International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security, vol.19 No.5, pp. 1-6, 2019.
- W. Raees, M. A. Ismail, R. Aziz and A. Afshan,"NED Chatbot for Admission Related Queries Using Prescriptive Analysis." International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security, vol.19 No.5, pp. 1-6, 2019
- M. A. Ismail, H. Arshad, T. Siddiqui, R. Ahmed, and J. Shabbir, “Deep Learning Based Smart License Number Plate Recognition System for Moving Cars,” NED University Journal of Research - Thematic Issue on Advances in Image and Video Processing, vol. XV, no. 1, pp. 47–55, 2018.
- Afzal, S. H. Ahmad, H. Ahmed, and M. A. Ismail, “Dynamic Ontology Modelling for Human Activity Recognition,” NED university journal of research, vol. XV, no. 3, pp. 1–14, 2018.
- L. Vintan, R. Chis, M. A. Ismail, and C. Cotofana, “Improving Computing Systems Automatic Multiobjective Optimization Through Meta-Optimization,” IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, vol. 35, no. 7, pp. 1125–1129, Jul. 2016.
- H. Ahmed, M. A. Ismail, M. F. Hyder, S. M. Sheraz, and N. Fouq, “Performance Comparison of Spark Clusters Configured Conventionally and a Cloud Service,” Procedia Computer Science, vol. 82, pp. 99–106, 2016.
- H. Ahmed and M. A. Ismail, “Hadoop based Human Activity Recognition Framework: An innovative approach towards Activity Recognition supporting Big Data,” International Journal of Computer Science and Information Security, vol. 14, no. 12, p. 20, 2016.
- H. Ahmad and M. A. Ismail, “Performance Comparison of Activity Recognition Classifiers using Big Dataset,” New Horizons IEEEP, Journal of the Institution of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Pakistan, vol. 80, pp. 31–37, 2015.
- M. A. Ismail, S. H. Mirza, and T. Altaf, “‘LogN+1’ and ‘LogN’ model: a binary tree based multi-level cache system for multi-core processors,” International Journal of Computer Systems Science & Engineering, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 1–21, 2014.
- M. A. Ismail, “Performance Behaviour Analysis of the Present 3-Level Cache System for Multi-Core Processors,” International journal of Computer Technology and Application, vol. 3, no. 11, pp. 729–733, 2012.
- M. A. Ismail, “Concurrent Matrix Multiplication on Multi-Core Processors,” International Journal of Computer Science and Security (IJCSS), Volume (5) : Issue (2) : 2011, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 208–220, 2011.
- M. A. Ismail, Dr. Shahid, and Dr. Talat, “A Parallel and Concurrent Implementation of Lin-Kernighan Heuristic (LKH-2) for Solving Traveling Salesman Problem for Multi-Core Processors using SPC3 Programming Model,” International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications, vol. 2, no. 7, pp. 34–43, 2011.
- M. Usman, M. A. Ismail, E. Rizvi, M. Y. Junaid, S. S.Ahmed, “Encryption as a Service - A Secured and Optimized Solution for Accessing Cloud”, Journal of Science and Technology, Vol 12(24), 2019.