All the admitted students of MS (Data Engineering and Information Management) will also be required to study five compulsory courses. Similarly, a student may elect five more courses from his/her area of specialization to complete 30 credit hours or can opt for courses plus master's thesis. Each course consist of 03 credit hours. The student can opt for thesis of 06 credit hours (equivalent to two courses). As this is a weekend program all classes would be held on Saturdays and Sundays. The minimum time duration for completing this degree program is three semesters with coursework and four semesters with thesis.
Mission Statement of the program MS-DEIM:
The mission of the program is to impart highest quality education, both technical and general, to produce data scientists/engineers with sound framework knowledge, professional skills and innovative approach along with commitment to the requisite principles of integrity and morality.
Measurable Objectives of the program:
- To produce data engineers/scientists who can design, implement and maintain cost effective cutting edge technologies in the field of Data Engineering and Information Management.
- To develop a sense of social, ethical and environmental responsibility in graduates towards humanity at large.
- To entice graduates into pursuing advance studies and research activities, thus modelling a lifelong career of personal and professional growth in applied data science areas.
- To transform the graduates into dynamic and vibrant innovators, entrepreneurs and leaders of the future
Programme Outcomes of the Graduating Student
- An ability to apply knowledge of computing, engineering and mathematics appropriate to the application domain.
- An ability to analyse a problem and identify the hardware and software requirements appropriate to its solution.
- An ability to design, implement and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs.
- An ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams.
- An understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- An ability to analyse the local and global impact of computer engineering on individuals, organizations and society.
- Recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in continuing professional development.
- An ability to use state-of-the-art techniques, skills and tools necessary for the practice of computer engineering.
- An ability to perform supervised research in state of the art technologies