Masters of Engineering (M. Engg) in Computer Systems with field of Specialization Computer Architecture & Systems Design from NED University of Engineering & Technology, Karachi (CGPA = 3.93)
BE Computer & Information Systems Engineering from NED University of Engineering & Technology, Karachi.
Achieved First Class First Position & awarded Gold Medal with aggregate result of 92.55% (CGPA=4.0)
JOB EXPERIENCE & ADMINISTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES:
June 2013- Present – Serving Department of Computer & Info. Systems, NEDUET as a Lecturer
Taught the following courses in undergrad:
Microprocessor Based Systems Design (CS-301) – (Theory & Practical)
- Operating Systems (CS-317) – (Theory & Practical)
- Computer Architecture (CS-312) – (Theory & Practical)
- Fundamentals of Computer Engineering (CS-108) – Theory
- Microprocessor & Assembly languages (CS-309) – Theory
- Computer Organization & Design (CS-212) – (Theory & Practical)
- Microprocessor Programming & Interfacing (CS-430) – Practical
- Logic Design & Switching Theory (CS-251) – Practical
- Computer Architecture & Organization (CS-208) – Practical
- Digital Signal Processing (CS-419) – Practical
- Artificial Intelligence & Robotics (CS-402) – Practical
- Software Engineering (CS-302) – Practical
- Computer Communication Networks (CS-418, CS-318) – Practical
- Introduction to Distributed Systems (CS-423) – Practical
- Information Theory (CS-414) – Practical
- Serving as Class Advisor since Fall Semester 2014.
- Serving as In-charge Parallel Processing Lab since 2016.
- Supervising several FYPs.
- December 2012-June 2013 - Worked as a Software Engineer in Elastica, Inc
- F. Aftab, & M. A. Ismail “Web Ontology based multi-level CACHE Simulator” in Proceedings of IEEE C-CODE’17 International Conference on Communication, Computing and Digital Systems, Islamabad, Pakistan, March 8-9 2017
- M. S. Aftab, and F. Aftab, “A Neuro-Adaptive Inverse Speed Control Mechanism for Separately Excited DC Motor with Nonlinearities”, in Proceedings of INTELLECT’17 International Conference on Latest Trends in Electrical Engineering & Computing Technologies, Karachi, Pakistan, November 15-16 2017. [Best Paper Award]
- S. S. A. Zaidi, M. M. Ali, F. Aftab, Y. Shahid, & M. Khurram “Name spotting over low signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) using Blind Source Separation and Connectionist Temporal Classification” in Proceedings of IEEE C-CODE’17 International Conference on Communication, Computing and Digital Systems, Islamabad, Pakistan, March 8-9 2017
- Ibshar Ishrat, Wajiha Muzaffar, Sana Ghani, Sadia Sami, Maria Waqas, Fakhra Aftab “Smart Door Lock System with Automation and Security” PUBLISHED BY: Publications International Lahore, Pakistan. Science International Issue# (1), 73-76 2017 - ISSN 1013-5316: CODEN: SINTE
- M. S. Aftab, M. Shafiq, and F. Aftab, “A Lyapunov Function Neuro-Adaptive Controller for LFC in Two-Area Power System”, in Proceedings of IECON2015 41st Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, Yokohama, Japan, November 9-12 2015.
HONORS AND ACTIVITIES:
- Awarded Gold Medal for securing First Class First Position in BE.
- Awarded Certificate of Academic Merit for securing First Class First Position in BE.
- Awarded Certificate of Participation for presenting my research paper in “IEEE C-CODE 2017 International Conference on Communication, Computing and Digital Systems” in Baharia University, Islamabad.
- Got Best Paper Award for presenting my research paper in IEEE Intellect 2017 - International Conference on Latest trends in Electrical Engineering & Computing Technologies held in PAF KIET, Karachi.
- Rewarded NED Merit Scholarship every year on achieving marvelous results (Top Position during undergrad)
- Rewarded Oxbridge Merit Scholarship on achieving marvelous results in HSc (Pre-Engineering) and in BE.
- Attended various lectures and training programs held at NED & other universities.
- Web Semantics
- Neural Network Applications in Control Systems
- Operating Systems Principles
- Machine Learning
- Computer Architecture